Weekly Introductory Tennis Lessons at a Park Near You for Ages 6-17!
Our 6 week 2021 program will take place at 17 Minneapolis Parks
Free & Reduced Programs - Weekly Options Available
Since 1952, thousands of youth have learned to play tennis in ICT's Summer Parks program. By numbers alone, our Summer Tennis in the Parks program is wildly successful! We are proud to create 50 jobs each summer for youth, many of whom grew up learning tennis in this very program. We hope you can join us at a park this summer!
Key features include:
• Hourly lessons Monday - Friday grouped by age
• Weekly registration options; sign up for one week or several
• Limited class sizes with low player to coach ratios
• Scholarships available for youth in need
• Prioritized health and well-being of our participants and coaches
SIX WEEKS OF LESSONS • June 14 - July 30 (No classes June 28 - July 2)
Introductory Tennis for Ages 6-17 (Daily hourly lessons for 6 weeks) • Register Online Soon!
Programs available at 17 Minneapolis park locations • View Map
Cost is $50 per week or $250 for all 6 weeks!
New scholarship options available this year! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Group drills and games get kids learning the volley, groundstroke, overhead and serve. Kids build teamwork, confidence and hand-eye coordination skills, learn healthy nutrition habits and develop a life-long love of physical fitness. Rackets are provided for youth to use during practice.
AGES & LOCATIONS (view map for detailed age breakdown at each park)
Groups are split up by age at each park. At most locations, younger kids play during the first hours and older kids play later. Some parks operate for 2 hours and some operate for 4 hours. Programs run between 8:00 am - 1:00 pm. Click on a park location below to view the program hours and corresponding ages for each hour.
A RICH HISTORY - OVER 90,000 HAVE PARTICIPATED
ICT’s original program in the 1950’s involved teaching tennis fundamentals to youth in the Minneapolis Parks. We still do the same thing today! We estimate that over the last six decades, approximately 90,000 children have learned to play tennis with InnerCity Tennis.
2021 SUMMER COACHES WANTED • View Coach Job Descriptions (PDF)
Apply online by Friday, April 9. For questions, contact Dilcia Stromberg, Outreach Program Manager, at email@example.com or 612.584.4737.
- Apprentice Coaches: Ages 14-15 (2-3 hrs /day)
- Assistant Coaches: Ages 15+ (4 hrs /day)
- Head Coaches: Ages 17+ (4 hrs /day)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I register? You can register online soon!
- Does my child need a racket? Rackets are available as needed for all participants, free of charge.
- How do I get a scholarship? New scholarship information will be available soon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Can my kids join after the June 14 start date? Yes, kids can join the program at any time.
- What if my child can only come 3 days / week? Kids can attend whenever they are avaialble, there is no minimum day commitment.
- How do kids become coaches in the program? Individuals age 14 or older can apply to work.
View Coach Job Descriptions (PDF) • Apply Online to be a 2021 Summer Coach
- Apprentice Coach: Ages 14-15 (2-3 hrs /day)
- Assistant Coach: Ages 15+ (4 hrs /day)
- Head Coach: Ages 17+ (4 hrs /day)
Have additional questions? Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.