Hourly Introductory Tennis Lessons at a Park Near You!
Our 2020 summer program led by ICT's certified tennis pros will take place at 8 Minneapolis parks throughout the afternoons! Limited class sizes with low player to coach ratio will allow for social distancing. Sign up for one week or multiple weeks.
Since 1952, thousands of youth have learned to play tennis in ICT's Summer Parks program. This year's program has been adapted to provide high quality instruction that is flexible and accessible while prioritizing the health and well-bring of our participants and coaches. Key features include:
• Hourly lessons Mondays - Thursdays grouped by age
• NEW option for beginners age 18+
• Weekly registration options; sign up for one week or several
• Limited class sizes with low player to coach ratios
• Scholarships available for youth in need
• Classes held at the following parks: Kenwood, Linden Hills, Lynnhurst, Lake Hiawatha, Powderhorn, Waite, Webber
• Summer Parks Frequently Asked Questions • View Brochure (PDF) • Register Here Soon!
• Discounted registration options will be available for youth in need: Scholarship & Registration Form
• Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclement Weather: Check Status of all Park Classes
2020 SUMMER TENNIS IN THE PARKS PROGRAM | AFTERNOON TENNIS | WEEKLY REGISTRATIONS
Introductory Tennis for Ages 5+ beginning June 8 • Register Here Soon!
Classes run each week except June 29 - July 2
Group drills and games get players learning the volley, groundstroke, overhead and serve. Players build teamwork, confidence and hand-eye coordination skills, learn healthy nutrition habits and develop a life-long love of physical fitness. Rackets are provided for youth to use during practice.
AGES & LOCATIONS (view map for detailed age breakdown at each park)
Classes to be held at the following park locations: Kenwood Park, Linden Hills Park, Lynnhurst Park, Lake Hiawatha Park, Powderhorn Park, Waite Park, Webber Park
Groups are split up by age at each park, transitioning on the hour from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Park locations are listed below with the program hours and corresponding ages for each hour, which are consistent throughout each park.
A RICH HISTORY - OVER 90,000 HAVE PARTICIPATED
ICT’s original program in the 1950’s involved teaching tennis fundamentals to youth in the Minneapolis Parks. We still do the same thing today! We estimate that over the last six decades, approximately 90,000 children have learned to play tennis with InnerCity Tennis.
SUMMER TENNIS IN THE PARKS 2020 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION