Volunteers of all ages and abilities are needed this season!
Individual and group opportunities are available. Teens and teams are welcome. No tennis experience required!
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
To get started follow instructions below:
REGISTER HERE to be a new Super Saturday volunteer
- A mandatory background check is required for those over 18. Please contact Dilcia Pederson
- Complete a background check with us
- Sign in when you arrive to volunteer
- Wear a coach name tag while volunteering
- Please call or email if you cannot attend a program that you have signed up for
- Free court time: Saturdays from 7:00-8:30 pm and Monday 8:30-9:00 am (Schedule TBA)
- Free Pro Led Drills & Games: Monday mornings 9:00-10:30 am (Schedule TBA)
- Free racket stringing for every 6 volunteer sessions
RETURNING Super Saturdays Volunteers
Please use the links below to choose your preferred dates. Please put your name in the station you'd prefer, or contact Dilcia Pederson with additional questions.
VOLUNTEER COURT TIME SCHEDULE • View Schedule (TBA)
As an InnerCity Tennis volunteer, you will be actively engaged in bettering the lives of the 6,000+ children we serve every year. We are not asking you to shape young children into tennis stars; rather we are asking you to help shape young leaders. We seek coaches that can model core values such as responsibility, integrity, teamwork and perseverance. One role model can make all the difference in shaping a young person’s mind!
We work with 250 volunteers of all ages who support staff in delivering programming to children, both on site at our Super Saturdays program and in the community throughout the week. The intergenerational relationships forged between volunteers and our youth participants are integral to the success of our programming.
Our greatest need for volunteers is our Super Saturdays program, which runs from 3:30-5:00 pm (ages 3-11) and 5:00-6:30 pm (ages 12-17). Each week, volunteers help deliver programming to 250 kids. No tennis experience is necessary for the early group, but volunteers must be able to feed with a racket to work with the older group.
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (3:30-5:00 pm) (ages 3-11)
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (5:00-6:30 pm) (ages 12-17)
During 2019-20 school year, ICT will deliver weekly Community Outreach Programs Monday - Friday at 5 elementary schools and 2 Head Start locations. No tennis experience is necessary to work the following programs:
Fall 2019 Outreach Schools Line Up
- Bryn Mawr Elementary
- Fraser Head Start
- Hospitality House Youth Development
- Lake Nokomis community-Wenonah campus (Autism spectrum)
- Nellie Stone Johnson (after school program)
- Prodeo Academy
- Trinity First Lutheran