The Women’s Daytime Tennis League consists of teams representing independent facilities throughout the Twin City metropolitan area. InnerCity Tennis has singles and doubles teams (2.5 - 5.0) that compete in the league each year. Play runs from September - early May. Teams are coached by ICT's professional tennis staff.
2020 Fall Updates: Match dates may begin later in the season due to health concerns. All practices will start the week of September 14th.
2020-21 WDL PRACTICES & MATCHES
Match times played at other clubs may differ from ICT's match times. Home team sites all have unique match times.
Singles: Half of singles matches are played at InnerCity Tennis, with the below times, and half are played away.
- 4.0 - 4.5 Monday (Noon-1:30 pm, 1:30-3:00 pm)
- 3.5 Tuesday (11:00-12:30 pm, Noon-1:30 pm, 12:30-2:00 pm)
- 3.0 Wednesday (10:0-11:30 am, 1:30-3:00 pm)
- 4.5 - 5.0 Wednesday (11:30-1:30 pm)
- 4.0 Friday (10:30-12:30 pm, 1:00-3:00 pm)
- 3.5 Thursday (10:30-12:30 pm)
- 3.0 Friday (9:00-11:00 am, 11:00-1:00 pm)
- 2.5 Drills Thursday (12:30-2:00 pm)
SINGLES TEAMS: Matches consist of 6 players. On match dates, half the team will play at home, the other half at the opposing team site. Match play is 90 minutes, using regular scoring with a 10-point match tie-breaker in lieu of a 3rd set.
DOUBLES TEAMS: Matches consist of 4 teams (8 players). All matches are played at one site. Match play is 2 hours, using regular scoring with a 10-point match tie-breaker in lieu of a 3rd set.
TEAM PRACTICES: Players are required to attend the team practice scheduled on the off-match weeks or are responsible for finding a substitute if they cannot attend. InnerCity Tennis provides a sublist but you can also select someone you know at your level to attend. Players are charged for practice no-shows. Please be on time!
TEAM ROSTERS: InnerCity Tennis will determine team rosters and initial team positions by player USTA ratings and last year’s results. We have given an opportunity to be on the same team as a friend if your player ratings are the same.
USTA MEMBERSHIP: Players must have a current USTA membership, good through May of the following year, before they can sign up. Purchase your USTA Membership here.
- A prepaid Tennis Center Annual Registration Fee ($125 Individual, $200 Household (Couple / Family) is required to enter a league (excluding subs). This fee is payable online starting August 1st or you can download the PDF here (available soon) and mail in your payment.
- Per Player Match & Practice Fees - 1.5 Hour Singles ($24), 2 hour doubles ($22)
Contact Kyle Buchmeier, Women's Daytime Teaching Pro, at email@example.com.