2019-20 Tennis Center Annual Registration Fee / Benefits
A paid Tennis Center Annual Registration entitles a player to sign up for leagues, drills and permanent court time. It also allows a player to reserve a court 7 days in advance.
2019-20 Tennis Center Annual Registration (September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020)
Individual - $125 (tax included) • Household (Couple / Family) - $200 (tax included)
Complete Annual Registration Online • Download Player Registration (pdf)
- Regular Season Court Rental (applies to registered or non-registered players)
- Weekday (7am-4pm) $28
- Weekday (4pm-close) $32
- Weekend $32
- Guest Fee: $5 / player. Applies only when a non-registered player plays on a registered player’s reservation.
Ball Machine Rental: Court Fee plus $5. Available Monday - Friday 7:00am - 6:00pm
Demo Rackets Available
Demo and loaner rackets are available for use while playing at Reed Sweatt for no cost (players only have to leave their driver’s license or car keys at the front desk while using racquets)
InnerCity Tennis has 11 indoor courts, including a lounge with court viewing, locker rooms with showers, vending machines, and pro shop with racket stringing.
These policies are designed to make everyone’s tennis experience enjoyable at InnerCity Tennis. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Please check-in with the reservation desk staff each time you enter the center.
- Please enter and leave the courts by using the time on our atomic clocks.
- Vinyl curtains and netting around the perimeter of the court are out-of-play. DO NOT run through them!
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited in the tennis center.
- Food & beverages are not allowed on the courts.
- Only tennis shoes are allowed on the courts. Black or other sole marking shoes are not allowed.
- Private tennis instruction can be taught at the center ONLY by certified InnerCity Tennis professionals.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Tennis bags or warm-ups must be placed at the net post. Do not leave them in the lobby area, alongside the court divider nets, or in the back court area.
- Spectator viewing is permitted in the lobby area or on end-court bleachers only. Viewing from on a court or through the doorway window behind a court is permitted only with the express approval of all players (or a coach during lessons).
- Parents and other adult bystanders are not permitted to speak to or take photographs or videos of players during on court lesson programming.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are not allowed.
- ICT strives to be a fragrance free zone. Due to children and adults dealing with allergies we respectfully request that you refrain from using scents or perfumes while in the facility. Thank you.
- Cancellations: Customers are responsible for cancelled reservations that are not resold.
- No Shows: Customers are responsible for all no shows. No show and cancellation fees must be paid before additional reservations can be made.
- Refunds: Group lesson/play reservations cancelled and unsold will not be refunded. Refunds will only be given if a student’s spot is resold to someone else. Sorry, but no make-up classes if a student misses due to illness or personal reasons.
Diversity & Inclusion
InnerCity Tennis is committed to diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We believe that individual differences should be respected and valued as qualities that strengthen our culture and help us accomplish our mission. In this regard, we strive to maintain an environment free of prejudice and harassment. Harassment is verbal, written or physical conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group and has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment. ICT encourages reporting of all perceived incidents of discrimination or harassment, and it is the policy of ICT to promptly and thoroughly investigate and address such reports.
Hours Of Operation
Summer Hours (June - August)
Monday-Thursday (7:00am -11:00pm)
Friday (7:00am - 5:00pm)*
Saturday (7:00am - 3:00pm)*
Sunday (8:00am - 9:00pm)
*May be open later due to programming
Winter Hours (September - May)
Reed Sweatt Family Tennis Center offers a wide range of singles, doubles and mixed doubles leagues for all abilities. Our Winter leagues run from September - April. Our summer leagues run from May - August. Players must have a current annual registration and league fee to participate. View more information about InnerCity Tennis leagues.
Lesson Info For Adults and Children
InnerCity Tennis has lesson programs for children and adults of all ages and abilities. Children can begin in our free Super Saturdays Program and advance into our paid Cities Academy program (smaller groups, more specialized instruction). Adults can choose between our beginner group lessons sessions and advanced drop-in drills. Private or semi-private lessons are available for youth and adults with any of our teaching professionals.
Location / Parking
InnerCity Tennis’ offices and the Reed Sweatt Family Tennis Center are located in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park on the corner of 40th St and Nicollet Avenue in South Minneapolis. Free parking is available, but please allow extra time as the lot (entrance on 40th St) is small and is frequently filled. Street parking is available on 40th St, 1st Ave, and Nicollet Ave. View Map
Non-member/Walk On Court Bookings
Non-registered players may do same-day booking for court time and ball machine rental. No guest fee for same-day booking. Call the front desk at 612-825-6844 to inquire about court availability.
All or part of the center can be rented for parties, tournaments, and other special tennis events. For more information and to schedule your event, please contact John Wheaton, Executive Director at 612-584-4732.
Permanent Court Time (PCT) Reservations
InnerCity Tennis sells weekly permanent court time for the 8 month season (September - April). If you would like a PCT this upcoming season, please fill out this PCT Interest Form and email it to Laura Meyer. Note: we only have daytime or Sunday slots available at this time; if you are interested in other options, we can put your group on a waiting list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
InnnerCity Tennis has a small pro shop that sells rackets, strings, shoes, socks, over grips and replacement grips.
To assure that all youth have access and opportunity to participate in our programs, InnerCity Tennis is pleased to provide scholarships to those in need of financial assistance. Please see our Scholarship requirements if you're interested in a Scholarship for the upcoming season.
We are committed to following a process that is transparent, fair, and confidential. To apply, complete our Scholarship Application and email it to the contact information below:
If you need assistance or have any questions. please email email@example.com.
- Racket stringing: $23-31; $20 with your own string
- 24 hour turn around available for a rush fee of $5
- Replacement grips $10; Overgrips $2
- Towel rental (50 cents)
Please be considerate of other players. Do not walk onto your court until the designated time. To get to your court, walk behind blue backdrop curtains in designated walkway. If your ball goes onto another court, please wait for their play to stop, then ask for your ball. Poor behavior (racquet throwing) or bad language (swearing) will not be tolerated.
Occasionally, InnerCity Tennis will close due to inclimate weather. Please check our website for updates on the facility closing if the possibility of severe weather exists.