InnerCity Tennis has 11 indoor courts, including a lounge with court viewing, locker rooms with showers, vending machines, and pro shop with racket stringing.
Hours Of Operation
September - May
Monday - Thursday (7:00 am - 11:00 pm)
Friday - Saturday (7:00 am - 10:00 pm)
Sunday (7:00 am - 11:00 pm)
June - August
Monday - Thursday (7:00 am - 11:00 pm)
Friday - Saturday (7:00 am - 3:00 pm)*
Sunday (8:00 am - 9:00 pm)
*May be open later due to programming
2019-20 Tennis Center Annual Registration Fee/Benefits
With a paid registration, a player can reserve a court 7 days in advance, sign up for leagues, drills and permanent court time. Below are the 2019 rates.
2019-20 Tennis Center Annual Registration (Valid one year from purchase date)
Individual - $125 (tax included) • Household (Couple / Family) - $200 (tax included)
Download Player Registration (pdf)
2019-20 Tennis Center Monthly Registration (Valid to the end of following month, auto renewal)
Individual - $20 (tax included) • Household (Couple / Family) - $30 (tax included)
Court Rental Rates
- Court Rental (applies to registered or non-registered players)
September - April
- Weekday Standard (7 am-4 pm) • $28
- Weekday Prime (4 pm-close) • $32
- Weekend (all times) • $32
May - August
- Weekday and Weekend (all times) • $26
- Guest Fee: $5/player. Applies only when a non-registered player plays on a registered player’s reservation.
Ball Machine Rental: Court Fee plus $5. Available Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Demo Rackets Available
Demo and loaner rackets are available for use while playing at Reed Sweatt for no cost. Players are asked to leave their driver’s license or car keys at the front desk while using rackets.
Our policies are designed to make everyone’s tennis experience enjoyable. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Please check-in with the customer service desk staff each time you enter the center.
- Please enter and leave the courts by using the time on our atomic clocks.
- Vinyl curtains and netting around the perimeter of the court are out-of-play. For your safety, DO NOT run through them!
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited in the tennis center.
- Food and beverages are not allowed on the courts.
- Only tennis shoes are permitted on the courts. Black or other sole marking shoes are not allowed.
- Only certified InnerCity Tennis professionals may provide private tennis instruction at the center.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Tennis bags or warm-ups must be placed at the net post. Please do not leave them in the lobby area, alongside the court divider nets, or in the back court area.
- Spectator viewing is permitted in the lobby area or on end-court bleachers only. Viewing from on a court or through the doorway window behind a court is permitted only with the express approval of all players (or a coach during lessons).
- Parents and other adult bystanders are not permitted to speak to or take photographs or videos of players during on court lesson programming.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are not allowed.
- ICT strives to be a fragrance free zone. Due to children and adults dealing with allergies we respectfully request that you refrain from using scents or perfumes while in the facility. Thank you.
- Cancellations: Customers are responsible for cancelled court reservations unless they are resold.
- No Shows: Customers are responsible for all no shows. No show and court cancellation fees must be paid before additional reservations can be made.
- Refunds: Group lesson/play reservations cancelled and unsold will not be refunded. Refunds will only be given if a student’s spot is resold to someone else. Unforunately, we cannot provide make-up classes if a student misses due to illness or personal reasons.
Diversity & Inclusion
InnerCity Tennis is committed to diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We believe that individual differences should be respected and valued as qualities that strengthen our culture and help us accomplish our mission. In this regard, we strive to maintain an environment free of prejudice and harassment. Harassment is verbal, written or physical conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group and has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment. ICT encourages reporting of all perceived incidents of discrimination or harassment, and it is the policy of ICT to promptly and thoroughly investigate and address such reports.
Reed Sweatt Family Tennis Center offers a wide range of singles, doubles and mixed doubles leagues for all abilities. Our winter leagues run from September - April. Our summer leagues run from May - August. Players must pay an annual registration and league fee to participate. View more information about InnerCity Tennis leagues.
Lesson Info For Adults and Children
InnerCity Tennis has lessons and programs for children and adults of all ages and abilities. Children can begin in our free Super Saturdays Program and advance into our paid Cities Academy program (offering smaller groups and more specialized instruction). Adults can choose between our beginner group lessons and advanced drop-in drills. Private or semi-private lessons are available for youth and adults with any of our certified teaching professionals.
Location / Parking
InnerCity Tennis’ offices and the Reed Sweatt Family Tennis Center are located in Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park on the corner of 40th St and Nicollet Avenue in South Minneapolis. Free parking is available, but please allow extra time as the lot (entrance on 40th St) can fill up easily. Street parking is available on 40th St, 1st Ave, and Nicollet Ave, but please be mindful or parking restrictions. View Map
Guest/Walk On Court Bookings
Non-registered players may do same-day booking for court time and ball machine rental. No guest fee is required for same-day booking. Call the front desk at 612-825-6844 to inquire about court availability.
All or part of the center can be rented for parties, tournaments, and other special tennis events. For more information and to schedule your event, please contact Janet Czaia, Customer Service Manager at 612-825-6844.
Permanent Court Time (PCT) Reservations
InnerCity Tennis sells weekly permanent court time for the 8 month season (September - April). If you would like a PCT this upcoming season, please fill out this PCT Interest Form and email it to Laura Meyer. Note: only daytime or Sunday slots are available at this time. If you are interested in other options, we can put your group on a waiting list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For your convenience, InnerCity Tennis has a small pro shop that sells rackets, strings, shoes, socks, over grips and replacement grips.
To assure that all youth have access to our programs, InnerCity Tennis is pleased to provide scholarships to those in need of financial assistance. Please see our Scholarship requirements if you're interested in a Scholarship for the upcoming season.
We are committed to following a process that is transparent, fair, and confidential. To apply, please complete our Scholarship Application and email it to the contact information below:
If you need assistance or have any questions. please email email@example.com.
- Racket stringing: $23-31; $20 with your own string
- 24 hour turn around available for a rush fee of $5
- Replacement grips $10; Overgrips $2
- Towel rental $0.50
Please be considerate of other players. Do not walk onto your court until the designated time. To get to your court, walk behind blue backdrop curtains in the designated walkway. If your ball goes onto another court, please wait for their play to stop, then ask for your ball. Poor behavior (racket throwing) or bad language (swearing) will not be tolerated.
Occasionally, InnerCity Tennis may close due to inclement weather. Please check our website for updates on the facility closing if the possibility of severe weather exists.