Fitness, Character and Tennis Lessons at a Park Near You!
2018 program takes place at 20 Minneapolis Parks
Free & Reduced Programs for Youth Ages 6 - 17 • T-Shirt Included!
Inclement Weather: Check Status of all Park Classes
Since 1952, thousands of youth have learned to play tennis in ICT's Summer Parks program. By numbers alone, our Summer Tennis in the Parks program is wildly successful. Over 1,000 kids participated in 2017. And we create more than 50 jobs each summer for youth, many of whom grew up learning tennis with us in the Minneapolis Parks where we operate. We hope you can join us in 2018!
• Summer 8U & 10U Play Days (July 26, Aug 9) • Information (PDF) • Register Online
• Summer Tournament (July 28) • Information (PDF) • Register Online
• Summer Parks Match Play (July 30-Aug 10) • Information (PDF) • see below for more
FIVE WEEKS OF LESSONS • June 18 - July 27 (No classes July 2 - 6)
Introductory Tennis for Ages 6-17 (Daily hourly lessons for 5 weeks) • Register Online
Programs available at 20 Minneapolis park locations • View Map
The cost is $100 • Full scholarships are available for families in need; discounts applied to cart during checkout
Group drills and games get kids learning the volley, groundstroke, overhead and serve. Kids build teamwork, confidence and hand-eye coordination skills, learn healthy nutrition habits and develop a life-long love of physical fitness. Rackets are provided for youth to use during practice.
AGES & LOCATIONS (view map for detailed age breakdown at each park)
Groups are split up by age at each park. At most locations, younger kids play during the first hours and older kids play later. Some parks operate for 2 hours and some operate for 4 hours. Programs run between 8:00am - 1:00pm. Click on a park location below to view the program hours and corresponding ages for each hour. Starred location host a Match Play Camp as well, see below for more information.
MATCH PLAY CAMPS • Daily, 1.5 Hour Camps for 2 weeks • July 30 - August 10
Competitive Point Play for Intermediate and Advanced Players Ages 8-18
Coach approval needed to register • Sign Up Online Here if interested
Programs available at 5 Minneapolis park locations • view map. The cost for the program is $75. Full scholarships are available for families in need. Discounts are applied to your cart during checkout.
InnerCity Tennis is offering Match Play Camps on July 30st - August 10th (2 Weeks) for "rally ready" players who have participated and excelled in ICT's Summer Tennis in the Parks program. These camps are designed to give players ages 8-10 & 11-18 the opportunity to gain experience in competitive play. ICT's Outreach Programs team will lead camps at 5 Minneapolis parks (Kenwood, Lake Hiawatha, Linden Hills, Lynnhurst and Webber). The camps will combine singles and doubles play with rally games. Players signing up must be able to sustain a 4-ball rally. If there are any questions regarding ability and program details, please consult with the Head Tennis Instructor at your park site or one of ICT's program staff. Please note that this program is not for beginners!
AGES & LOCATIONS
Park Locations: Kenwood, Lake Hiawatha, Linden Hills, Lynnhurst & Webber
Ages: 8-10 (8:00-9:30am); Ages 11-18 (9:30-11:00am)
WANT MORE? EXTENDED MATCH OPTIONS FOR AGES 11-17
CLUB TENNIS FOR A QUARTER OF THE PRICE FOR PARKS PLAYERS ONLY!
Play 2 times / week for 5 weeks (Mon & Wed) • June 18 - July 27 (No classes July 2 - 6)
- Register Online - $90 - This is 75% off the regular price for parks players ONLY!
- Full scholarships available for families in need - Email Dilcia Pederson for more info
This program will focus on match play in a team friendly format. Players will be placed on a team and play matches against other local and ICT teams. Players must be able to maintain a 4 ball rally, serve and keep score. All matches and practices will be held at the Reed Sweatt Family Tennis Center on 40th & Nicollet in South Minneapolis from 1:00-3:00 pm. Players must be participating in morning park practices to register for this program.
RICH HISTORY - OVER 75,000 HAVE PARTICIPATED
ICT’s original program in the 1950’s involved teaching tennis fundamentals to youth in the Minneapolis Parks. We still do the same thing today! We estimate that over the last six decades, approximately 75,000 children have learned to play tennis with InnerCity Tennis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I register? You can register online or at the park site on the first day of the program, Monday, June 18.
- Does my child need a racket? Rackets are available as needed for all participants, free of charge.
- How do I get a scholarship? Any family in need is awarded a full scholarship. Check scholarship on your registration.
- Can my kids join after the start date? Yes, kids can join the program at any time.
- What if my child can only come 3 days / week? Kids can attend whenever they are avaialble, there is no minimum day commitment.
- Can my children attend the same session even though they are in different age groups? Contact Dilcia Pederson at 612.584.4737.