Taking our show on the road
Academic year programs delivered at no charge
• Current weekly programming at 3 elementary schools and 2 Head Start locations
• One program specifically designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
ICT’s Community Outreach program is our mission-driven programming strategically developed to address the achievement and opportunity gap in Minneapolis. According to the USTA’s special report: More than A Sport – Tennis, Education and Health youth who play tennis gain multiple positive outcomes. Among youth who play tennis:
- 81% affirm that they will attend college
- 82% are community volunteers
- 73% have never been sent to the principal’s office for disciplinary issues
- Nearly 50% have an A grade point average
- And, youth who play tennis are less prone to indulging in risky behaviors like smoking, drugs and alcohol.
2015-16 Academic Year Weekly Program Line-Up
During the academic year, ICT delivers our Kidspeed® curriculum and ACE program weekly in our partner schools, at no charge. We literally take our programs “on the road” as our five program staff and volunteers take mini nets, racquets, balls and agility-balance-coordination stations to:
- Head Start McKnight - Kidspeed
- Head Start Fraser • Kidspeed
- Hmong International Academy - ACE
- Bdote Learning Center - ACE
- Lake Nokomis Elementary (Autism Classroom) • Kidspeed
Programs for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
ICT's Outreach program has been a fit for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We run a program specifically for children with ASD at Nokomis Community School in South Minneapolis. Check out the video below that Channel 5 did on our work serving the ASD population!
For more information about our Community Outreach Programs, please contact Education & Outreach Program Director Song Thao at 612.584.4735.