Volunteers of all ages and abilities are needed this season!
Volunteer in 2-4 person teams. No tennis experience required!
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? • New Volunteers Sign Up Here!
As an InnerCity Tennis volunteer, you will be actively engaged in bettering the lives of the nearly 4,000 children we serve every year. We are not asking you to shape young children into tennis stars; rather we are asking you to help shape young leaders. We want coaches that can model core values such as responsibility, integrity, teamwork and perseverance. One role model can make all the difference in shaping a young person’s mind!
We work with 250 volunteers of all ages who support staff in delivering programming to children, both on site at our Super Saturday Program and in the community throughout the week. The intergenerational relationships forged between volunteers and children and youth are integral to the success of our programming.
SIGN-UP TO BE AN ICT VOLUNTEER TODAY!
To get started volunteering at one of our many programs, contact Community Engagement Manager Bao Thao to schedule your mandatory background check. This can be completed before the start of your first program.
Our greatest need for volunteers is our Super Saturday Program, which runs from 3:00-4:30pm (ages 3-10) and 4:30-6:00pm (ages 11-17). Each week, a volunteer crew of over 50 helps deliver programming to 250 kids. No tennis experience is necessary for the early group, but volunteers must be able to feed with a racquet to work with the older group.
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (3:00-4:30pm) (ages 3-10)
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (4:30-6:00pm) (ages 11-17)
Topspin is a mentorship program designed to help youth build character, improve academics and participate in weekly tennis training. Students are engaged in weekly leadership discussions, various tutoring sessions and play indoor tennis year round. To inquire about availability, contact Bao Thao, Community Engagement Manager.
- Wednesdays, InnerCity Tennis (5:00-7:30pm) - Middle School Youth
- Fridays, InnerCity Tennis (4:30-7:00pm) - High School Youth
During 2016-17 school year, ICT will deliver weekly Community Outreach Programs Tuesday - Friday at 6 elementary schools and 2 Head Start location. No tennis experience is necessary to work the following programs:
Fall 2017 Outreach Schools Line Up
- Free Court Time: Saturday from 6:00-7:30pm and Monday 7:00-9:00am View Schedule (PDF)
- Free Pro Led Drills & Games: Monday mornings (9:00-10:30am) View Schedule (PDF)
- Free racquet stringing for every 6 times volunteering
- Eligible for a new tennis racquet raffle after 6 times volunteering
- Complete a background check with us
- Sign in when you arrive to volunteer
- Wear a coach name tag while volunteering
- Call or email if you cannot attend a program that you have signed up for
For more information please contact Community Engagement Manager Bao Thao at 612-584-4736.