Volunteers of all ages and abilities are needed this season!
Volunteer in 2-4 person teams. No tennis experience required!
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
To get started follow instructions below:
REGISTER HERE to be a new Super Saturday volunteer
- Mandatory background check required for over 18+; please contact Dilcia Pederson
- Complete a background check with us
- Sign in when you arrive to volunteer
- Wear a coach name tag while volunteering
- Call or email if you cannot attend a program that you have signed up for
- Free Court Time: Saturday from 7:00-8:30pm and Monday 8:30-9:00am View Schedule (PDF)
- Free Pro Led Drills & Games: Monday mornings 9:00-10:30am View Schedule (PDF)
- Free racquet stringing for every 6 times volunteering
- Eligible for a new tennis racquet raffle after 6 times volunteering
RETURNING Super Saturday Volunteers
Please use the links below to choose your perferred dates. Be sure to put your name in the station you'd prefer, or contact Dilcia Pederson with additional questions.
EARLY & LATE FALL SESSIONS (Sep - Dec)
WINTER SESSION (Jan - Feb ) • EARLY SPRING SESSION (Mar - Apr )
VOLUNTEER COURT TIME SCHEDULE • View Schedule
As an InnerCity Tennis volunteer, you will be actively engaged in bettering the lives of the nearly 4,000 children we serve every year. We are not asking you to shape young children into tennis stars; rather we are asking you to help shape young leaders. We want coaches that can model core values such as responsibility, integrity, teamwork and perseverance. One role model can make all the difference in shaping a young person’s mind!
We work with 250 volunteers of all ages who support staff in delivering programming to children, both on site at our Super Saturday Program and in the community throughout the week. The intergenerational relationships forged between volunteers and children and youth are integral to the success of our programming.
Our greatest need for volunteers is our Super Saturday Program, which runs from 4:00-5:30pm (ages 3-10) and 5:30-7:00pm (ages 11-17). Each week, a volunteer crew of over 50 helps deliver programming to 250 kids. No tennis experience is necessary for the early group, but volunteers must be able to feed with a racquet to work with the older group.
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (4:00-5:30pm) (ages 3-10)
- Saturdays • InnerCity Tennis (5:30-7:00pm) (ages 11-17)
During 2016-17 school year, ICT will deliver weekly Community Outreach Programs Tuesday - Friday at 6 elementary schools and 2 Head Start location. No tennis experience is necessary to work the following programs:
Fall 2018 Outreach Schools Line Up