Innercity Tennis - Minneapolis
InnerCity Tennis (ICT) is a non-profit, tax-exempt (501c3) organization whose mission is to develop and unleash the potential of youth on and off the tennis court by engaging and serving a supportive community. ICT's Reed-Sweatt Family Tennis Center is a full-service tennis facility that is open to the public for adult and junior match play, leagues, and individual and group lessons. Net profits from the tennis center and the contributions of our generous donors provide the critical funds needed to deliver ICT's life-changing tennis and life-skills programs for underserved youth in parks, at schools and partner locations, and at our tennis center. For more information on ICT, visit www.innercitytennis.org.
Looking to Hire - Front Desk Customer Service Worker: On-Call/Substitute/Possible Regular Shift
When people play at our tennis center, their primary goal is to be active and enjoy the sport they love: tennis! They appreciate our positive, welcoming, engaging staff and our energetic environment. They also know that they are “playing with purpose” in that they are supporting our mission simply by playing at ICT.
Front Desk Staff are the first impression of the Innercity Tennis Facility. As a team member, this position is responsible for ensuring all players and guests receive a positive tennis experience. A warm and friendly attitude, good communication skills, and attention to detail are essential.
- Greet and check-in all customers.
- Be familiar with and able to talk about the ICT mission and its programs
- Answer phones, direct calls, and handle requests.
- Assist with player and program registration, and scheduling.
- Payment processing/Balance daily transactions.
- Assist with managing league play/record keeping.
- Racket stringing.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception and lobby area.
- Open and close tennis center.
- Other duties as necessary.
Superior customer service skills, able to handle challenging situations, is well organized and can multi-task. Accurate at cash handling, trustworthy and honest. Computer literacy and knowledge or willingness to learn POS and tennis court software system. Tennis experience helpful but not necessary. Certification of CPR/FA preferred. High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Must be at least 18 years old. The tennis center is open 7 am to 11 pm. This on-call/substitute position may require you to work day, evening, or weekend hours. This position may lead to more regularly scheduled shifts.
- irregular part-time/regular part time.
- 401K eligible.
- Medical/Dental if 30+ hours/wk.
- Free membership and employee rates on tennis programs.
- $12 - $13/hr.
Please email letter of interest and resume to: Janet Czaia, Customer Service Manager. Open until filled.
email@example.com subject line - customer service job application.