Singles and Doubles Teams Coached by ICT Pros
• 2017 Summer Drills Now Available for WDL Players! Eight players required for each drill.
• 2017-18 Information Coming Soon!
The Women’s Daytime Tennis League consists of teams representing independent facilities throughout the Twin City metropolitan area. InnerCity Tennis has singles and doubles teams (3.0 - 5.0) that compete in the league each year. Play runs from September - early May. Teams are coached by ICT's professional tennis staff.
2016-17 WDL PRACTICES & MATCHES
Match times played at other clubs may differ from ICT's match times. Home team sites all have unique match times.
Singles: Half of singles matches are played at InnerCity Tennis, with the below times, and half are played away.
- 4.5 - 5.0 Tuesday (11:00am-12:30pm)
- 4.0 Monday (Noon-1:30pm, 1:30-3:00pm)
- 3.5 Tuesday (Noon-1:30pm, 12:30-2:00pm)
- 3.0 Wednesday (1:30-3:00pm)
- 2.5 Monday (10:30am - Noon)
Doubles: All four matches are played at one site. The time is determined by the home site.
- 4.5 - 5.0 Thursday (12:30pm-2:30pm)
- 4.0 Friday (1:00-3:00pm)
- 3.5 Thursday (10:30am-12:30pm)
- 3.0 Friday (11:00am-1:00pm)
- 2.5 Monday (10:30am – Noon)
SINGLES TEAMS: Matches consist of 6 players, except for 4.5-5.0 matches, which consist of 3 players. Matches are divided evenly between home and away. On match dates, half the team will play at home, the other half at the opposing team site (except 4.5-5.0, which are all at one site). Match play is 90 minutes, using regular scoring, and utilize the 10-point match tie-breaker in lieu of a 3rd set.
DOUBLES TEAMS: Matches consist of 4 teams (8 players). All matches are played at one site. Match play is 2 hours in length, use regular scoring, and utilize the 10-point match tie-breaker in lieu of a 3rd Set.
TEAM PRACTICES: Players are required to attend the team practice scheduled on the off-match weeks or are responsible for finding a substitute if they cannot attend. InnerCity Tennis provides a sublist but you can also select someone you know at your level to attend. Players are charged for practice no-shows. Please be on time!
TEAM ROSTERS: InnerCity Tennis will determine team rosters and initial team positions by player USTA ratings and last year’s results. We have given an opportunity to be on the same team as a friend if your player ratings are the same.
USTA MEMBERSHIP: Players must have a current USTA membership, good through May of the following year, before they can sign up. Purchase your USTA Membership here.
- An Annual Registration Fee ($125 Individual, $175 Household (Couple / Family) is required for all league players (excluding subs). This fee is payable online or you can download and mail here.
- Per Player Match & Practice Fees - 1.5 Hour Singles ($24), 2 hour doubles ($22)
- No League Admin Fee this Year!
Contact Kyle Buchmeier, Women's Daytime Teaching Pro, at email@example.com.